Compatibility list

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #121 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Compatibility list

NattyDread wrote: Are there any plans on addressing the no depthbuffer issue in UE3 games?

As I said before, the algorithm is not perfect yet and is subject to be improved. So yes. =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: NattyDread

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JPulowski
More
9 years 3 months ago #122 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic Compatibility list
Prey: ReShade 0.13.2 (OpenGL 32-bit), Good. (No depth-buffer.)

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #123 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic Compatibility list
Assassin's Creed: Revelations - D3D9.dll - v0.13.2 - perfect
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - DXGI.dll - v0.13.2 - perfect
Dragon Age: Origins - D3D9.dll - v0.13.2 - perfect
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by SunBroDave.

• CeeJay.dk
More
9 years 3 months ago #124 by CeeJay.dk Replied by CeeJay.dk on topic Compatibility list
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - DXGI.dll - v0.13.2 - No depth buffer
Wolfenstein : The New Order - opengl32.dll - v0.13.2 - Dark gamma issue and no depth buffer

We had Wolfenstein : TNO working perfectly in earlier builds so this is a regression that can be fixed. Just need to figure out what changes might have caused this.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #125 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Compatibility list

CeeJay.dk wrote: Just need to figure out what changes might have caused this.

264 revisions since then to be exact. That's going to be fun! =)

• CeeJay.dk
More
9 years 3 months ago #126 by CeeJay.dk Replied by CeeJay.dk on topic Compatibility list
Yay! I'll see you online tonight then, so we can have fun figuring it out. :)

• Blackhand
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #127 by Blackhand Replied by Blackhand on topic Compatibility list

crosire wrote: I was referring to driver MSAA. Not more, not less. Nothing wrong about AA otherwise, you can use ingame MSAA, you can use whatever else AA the game or driver provides. Just not driver MSAA. For the why: Because the driver then starts messing around with resolutions and game-specific hacks, which bypass or corrupt ReShade, sometimes producing a black image instead of the actual one. This is not something specific to ReShade, but should happen with all injectors.
The shader warning there is related to MasterEffect, nothing to be done on my end, correct. =)

Maybe a "compatibility mode" which only allows postprocessing by neglecting the depthbuffer would be nice!? Older Sweet FX 1.x versions had no issues with driver MSAA/SGSSAA

btw. the hook for Titanfall is dxgi.dll and all files have to be moved to \bin\x64_retail\
When I look into the depthbuffer I get a white or black image. What does that exactly mean?

An explanation about the depthbuffer and how it's figured out how far the access is working would be also nice in the startpost (And more about which infos are needed, a column of 32/64bit could be also useful in the table ) Then even noobs can better support the compatibility list. I didn't found enough information in the readme where depthbuffer access is not so prominently mentioned.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Blackhand.

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 3 months ago #128 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic Compatibility list

CeeJay.dk wrote: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - DXGI.dll - v0.13.2 - No depth buffer.

Are you forcing any kind of driver AA? Black Flag works perfectly with the new version on my end.

• Omnipotus
More
9 years 3 months ago #129 by Omnipotus Replied by Omnipotus on topic Compatibility list
I'm noticing a pattern with the AC series.. some folks can and some can't... lol, I'm in the "cant" catagory, I have no access to Depth Buffer is some of them as well, AC II, flat out refuses to launch for me, but works perfect for others *shrugs :(

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 3 months ago #130 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic Compatibility list

Omnipotus wrote: I'm noticing a pattern with the AC series.. some folks can and some can't... lol, I'm in the "cant" catagory, I have no access to Depth Buffer is some of them as well, AC II, flat out refuses to launch for me, but works perfect for others *shrugs :(

Strange. I'm playing the Uplay version btw. Welp, looks like the first time Uplay's done anything useful.

• Omnipotus
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #131 by Omnipotus Replied by Omnipotus on topic Compatibility list
I've been poking at the Compatibility List off and on for the last couples of hours, I've tweaked a few things as well as updated the list with everyones recent findings.

I'll be updating a bunch more tomorrow, I've been busy :P

Updated

Titanfall
Prototype 2
Age of Wonders III
Sim City
Dragon Age II
Dragon Age: Origins
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Google Earth [App]
Prey

Added

Far Cry 4
Farming Simulator 2015
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments
Sniper Elite 3
The Legend of Korra
Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game Series
99 Levels to Hell
Anomaly Korea
Ascendant
BIT.TRIP RUNNER
Blackguards
BlazeRush
Blood Knights
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate HD
Culling of the Cows
Dark
Deadpool
Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition
Depth Hunter 2: Deep Dive
DiRT: Showdown
Dollar Dash
Double Dragon Trilogy
Dynamite Jack
Electronic Super Joy
Ethan: Meteor Hunter
Eufloria HD
Far Cry
Fist of Awesome
Fist of Jesus
Gas Guzzlers Extreme
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Omnipotus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, brussell

• CeeJay.dk
More
9 years 3 months ago #132 by CeeJay.dk Replied by CeeJay.dk on topic Compatibility list

SunBroDave wrote:

CeeJay.dk wrote: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - DXGI.dll - v0.13.2 - No depth buffer.

Are you forcing any kind of driver AA? Black Flag works perfectly with the new version on my end.

No I am not.

Maybe it's a setting or driver specific issue?

I'm on a Radeon 6870 using catalyst omega 14.12 drivers.

BTW .. your depth buffer is not perfect - it's missing the characters. Edward Kenway and the pirates in that screenshot dont show up in the depth buffer.

• klotim
More
9 years 3 months ago #133 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Compatibility list
THE ELDER SCROLLS IV OBLIVION

I'm surprised that this game isn't supported yet considering that Skyrim is supported. There is no depth buffer at all. (blank screen on depth buffer output)

• brussell
More
9 years 3 months ago #134 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Compatibility list
Tested with 0.13.2

-Torchlight, d3d9, no depthbuffer
-Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers: opengl32 (64bit), with depthbuffer, but it crashes on level transition
-Blade of Darkness, opengl32, massive graphical glitches
-Oddworld Stranger's Wrath, opengl32, depthbuffer is flipped vertically
-Serious Sam: The Second Encounter: opengl32, perfect
-Mount & Blade: Warband: d3d9, no depthbuffer
-Risen: d3d9, perfect
-Eador: Masters of the Broken World: d3d9, perfect
-Deadly Premonition: d3d9, perfect
-Thief Gold: d3d9, no depthbuffer
-Thief 2: The Metal Age: d3d9, no depthbuffer
-Thief 3: Deadly Shadows, d3d8, crashing on start
-Battlefield 2142, d3d9, no depthbuffer

These games don't work (no d3d8?)
-Etherlords
-Gothic 2

@Crosire/Omnipotus: Regarding the depthbuffer confusion: maybe you should explain its meaning on the compatibility page (legend section)?
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, Omnipotus

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #135 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Compatibility list

brussell wrote: These games don't work (no d3d8?)
-Etherlords
-Gothic 2

Those are DirectX 7 games. ReShade currently only supports Direct3D8+.
I'll add some information about the depthbuffer, good idea =).

• brussell
More
9 years 3 months ago #136 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Compatibility list
I thaught of that. Shouldn't we add those games too, so that everyone can see what doesn't work and save the time to try it?

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #137 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Compatibility list

brussell wrote: I thaught of that. Shouldn't we add those games too, so that everyone can see what doesn't work and save the time to try it?

True. Added them under a new "unsupported" category/color.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brussell

• Omnipotus
More
9 years 3 months ago #138 by Omnipotus Replied by Omnipotus on topic Compatibility list
Yay more work for me lol, thanks GUYS!! :) I have a bunch of games that don't even pick up ReShade/SFX, I guess I should add them to the "Unsupported" list as well.

I'll be add another large batch of games to the list today, gonna play around with Dying Light for a bit first :D

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 3 months ago #139 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic Compatibility list

CeeJay.dk wrote: No I am not.

Maybe it's a setting or driver specific issue?

I'm on a Radeon 6870 using catalyst omega 14.12 drivers.

BTW .. your depth buffer is not perfect - it's missing the characters. Edward Kenway and the pirates in that screenshot dont show up in the depth buffer.

Yeah ik the depthbuffer isn't actually useful, but I was under the impression that that was a quirk of the Assassin's Creed games (all of them have this same issue except for the first one, I believe) and not ReShade's. Still, would be awesome if this was fixed in the future as Crosire improves ReShade's compatibility with more and more games.

• BillyAlt
More
9 years 3 months ago #140 by BillyAlt Replied by BillyAlt on topic Compatibility list
Tested with 0.13.2

-Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut, Only works in DX9 (make sure DX11 is disabled from in-game first). Depth-buffer is only accessible from the pause menu. Using the Mastereffect's debugger, from the pause menu you can see the depth-buffer of a frame of the environment you were looking at, but out of the pause menu it's blank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Omnipotus

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.